From kitchen to bathroom, turmeric is no longer just a culinary staple! Turmeric has been used as a beauty product for centuries and is an inexpensive and natural remedy for many of our daily skin + beauty woes! Turmeric is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family, native to southwest India and commonly used as a spice (after being ground into deep orange/yellow powder form).
5 SKIN BENEFITS OF TURMERIC:
1. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, which aides in reducing redness and blemishes caused by skin irritations.
2. Turmeric is an antibacterial agent, which helps to disinfect the skin and combat acne.
3. Turmeric reduces the appearance of dark circles/bags + puffiness.
4. Turmeric naturally reduces acne and scarring.
5. Turmeric is an incredible antioxidant that fends off free radicals (which can lead to premature aging) and can help correct uneven skin tones.
So, what's the best way to incorporate turmeric into your beauty routine? Create a simple, DIY Turmeric Face Mask.
What you'll need:
Simply combine and apply to face + neck for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and a wash cloth.
***It's important to note that turmeric can temporarily dye your skin, especially if you have fair skin. Try applying before bed to see how your skin reacts.
Enjoy + Be well!